Adventures from Moldova

This is my blog containing all of my adventures as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Moldova.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well, only 10 more days until I can finally go home. I have loved Ames and Iowa State University, however, I couldn't be more ready for my next adventure. I just got back from Colorado where I was able to visit my cousins Angela and Garrett, and my Uncle Tom and Aunt Jan. I went with my Grandparents and we had a really good time. My cousin Garrett and his wife Maggie just had twin boys on June 24 so it was so good to get to see them before I leave. If I didn't see them then, I wouldn't probably see them until they were 3 years old! My uncle Tom told me that while I was over in Moldova he would send me packets of 505 Salsa (it's the really good kind that comes from New Mexico) and Green Chilis from the Southwest as well. I had some chilis while I was in Colorado that they brought up with them from Albuquerque, and they were absolutely amazing. I had never put them on a hamburger before, but it was great! I can't wait until they send them to me. Apparently the food isn't very spicy which is what I will miss the most from home so I am going to have to bring tons of seasoning with me. Maybe I can teach my host family to like spicy things...but I am not going to hold my breath:).

I am getting so antsy about leaving. I, of course, am freaking out just a little bit, but I think that is totally normal. This is the feeling that I had right before I did my triathlon in June. I felt totally alone (even though 600 other people were doing it) and wasn't sure if I was capable of completing it. Of course, then I got to the starting area and ended up having a great time (even though I almost drowned from other people swimming on top of me...no worries though because I passed them later on during the swim!). I know that I can do this but I am certainly nervous!

20 days til Moldova!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home