Adventures from Moldova

This is my blog containing all of my adventures as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Moldova.

Monday, December 04, 2006


Well, this is going to be my first entry since I have been in Moldova. I have been so busy with the learning language and about the culture that I haven't had much time to sleep let alone update my blog. This picture I took in October when I was helping with the grape harvest in my families garden. It was such a neat experience. My family that I stayed with during PST (Pre-Service Training) were great people. I learned how to make Compot, can meat for the winter, harvest grapes and make wine, as well as other things.

During PST, I had language classes about 6 times a week and would also go into Ialoveni which was our Hub Site, for technical training. All of Group 19 were positioned in villages outside Ialoveni to learn the language and have culture classes where we discuss the differences between Moldovan and American cultures as well as learn about the history of the country. It was a really great experience but I am glad to be at my permanent site.

Now, I am working in the finance sector. I am not quite sure what I will be doing because I have only been here a short time and don't have the language skills necessary for work. The vocabular that I need with take some time to learn, but I know I will get it! I just had my first Romanian lesson today with my new teacher, Angela, and it went well. She doesn't speak English which is a challange, but I think that in the long run, it will help me learn quicker. My host mother speaks fluent English, so if there is something I am uncertain about, I can always ask her!

Well, that is all I am going to write about for now. I will promise to be a little more detailed in my upcoming entries! La revedere!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home