Adventures from Moldova

This is my blog containing all of my adventures as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Moldova.

Thursday, January 25, 2007


Today has been a beautiful day. Everywhere in the world it seems like it is snowing except for here in Moldova. It is about 50 degrees farenheit and very sunny. I really am enjoying this weather, but know that it is not going to last because they are predicting snow on Saturday. It is funny, but I actually kind of miss snow. After being in Iowa for college for four years, it is really weird not having any at all.
The picture that I posted is of some of my basketball team here in my town. They are very talented and I cannot wait to start playing other towns. They show me no mercy out on the court and I like that they aren't scared to hustle after the ball. I will definitely keep you posted when our season begins.
As of February 1st, I will be moving in with a new host family. I am really excited because they have a "casa mica" and a "casa mare" which translates to small house and big house. I will be sharing the casa mica with my bunica gazda (host grandmother) and have a huge room with a large bed, desk, cupboard, etc. and have an adjoining room where there are bunkbeds for guests to stay. There is also a kitchen, bathroom, and a room where my grandmother sleeps. The large house has 3 bedrooms, a salon, large kitchen, and bathroom so I am not going to be doing "without." It is about the same distance from work as my other house, so it is going to allow me some good exercise everyday.
Well, that is all to report for now. I will keep you posted!
Annie:)

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this time I thought you were roughin' it. You are going to have a salon in your house. Get your nails done from time to time, possibly an eyebrow wax. Unbelievable. Roughin' it...Please.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment is from your brother. I don't do blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home